Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes (Camille)

Okay, by now your starting to notice a trend on this blog. First we had Blueberry Muffins, then Waffles, then a amazingly yummy Pumpkin Roll, Banana Muffins, and now Pumpkin Pancakes. Yes, we are more into desserts and breakfasts, but I might be posting a dinner recipe soon (*wink*).

Here are some really yummy Pumpkin Pancakes that I made this morning for breakfast. Our family loves anything with pumpkin, so they loved these (as usual). If you have a larger family (which is unlikely, I don't know very many families that are larger then ours) you could double this recipe easily.

Okay, here's the recipe!

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (or pumpkin puree)
1 egg
2 tablespoons cooking oil (or melted butter) plus butter for serving
tons of maple syrup for serving (what can I say? I like a little pancake with my syrup)

**********************************************

Okay, start by getting everything you'll need together. Get out all of the ingredients (duh) 2 medium bowls, and a griddle (or frying pan).

Now you're ready for the fun part!! :) Start by mixing up all the dry ingredients (make sure you measure the sugar and spices correctly because that is very important to this recipe).


Now whisk up the wet ingredients (I used a fork).



Okay,  gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (remember to do it gradually), and mix until combined. The batter should be a little lumpy.




While you were mixing all that tasty goodness together, your griddle should have been preheating. To make sure it is hot enough take a drop of water and throw it on, if the water sizzles then you are ready to start cooking your pancakes! Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and spoon them on.


While they are cooking heat up your syrup (we always put it in a mug in the microwave for 60 seconds).  There's a picture of our dirty microwave (it's well used. ;D).

Go back to your pancakes and turn them to the other side.


Make sure they are cooked well (they should all the light brown) before transferring them to a plate. As you can see, I just had to taste one of them......*grin*.



Here's a picture of  my yummy breakfast. I ate my pancakes with two eggs to add some protein. :D Hope you enjoy these!! I know I did!




P.S. If you made this, or any other recipe on here, please email us and let us know how it turned out (and send pictures!) our email address is howdoweboilwater.email@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Miranda Yorty said...

DUDE! You eat alot for breakfast ;)do you seriously eat all that? lol ( no offense, i mean i know girls that eat like a TON more than that)

Miranda Yorty said...

Hello! :) okay i tried this recipe this morning and for some reason the pancakes werent cooking all the way through, no matter how long i kept it on the grittle ( i kept it on there for like a half hr lol) um so...that's something that happened to me when i made it but other than that it tasted really good. I think it tastes better cold with no syrup, but thats just me ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm....that's never happened to me. It might be because you didn't turn your griddle up high enough. :) Yes, I like them better without syrup too. :D

Thanks for commenting Miranda!

Camille and Abby said...

Haha Miranda! I don't eat like that all the time, and I actually ended up giving 1 of my pancakes to Daniel because I couldn't eat all of them {they were somewhat small anyway}.