Wednesday, November 17, 2010

World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies (Abby)

Hahaha, no, I don't call them that... my dad does.  But, they are SUPER easy (I'm not just saying that) and pretty good, if I do say so myself. (; (Btw, I believe this recipe came off of a Sam's Club chocolate chip bag.) I have made this recipe sooo many times that I never get out the written recipe because I've memorized it! Lol. Let's get to it!


First you'll need:

2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix it all together in a separate bowl and set aside.


This is the auto-mixer I'm using. You can use a hand mixer if you want. I've used both, but this one is obviously easier. (; It's a 'Bosch.' I'm not sure where we got it, but it's a really good one. (:


Here are the attachments I'm using. I don't think this really matters, but I thought I would mention in case it does or you just wanna know.
 


In the mixer, mix:

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
1 tsp vanilla



Then add 2 eggs and mix!




Next mix in the dry ingredients you mixed earlier. I like to put in about half of the flour mixture, mix it in, and then add the other half. The recipe doesn't say this, but I do because I feel like it mixes up a bit better.


 

.Next add in the chocolate chips! I add about 1 1/2 to 2 cups. You can add in nuts now if you want to. I don't, but if you like yours with nuts you can. :D


 YUM-O. Hehe, I think I say this with about every recipe I've posted... *rolls eyes*



I use a cookie dough scoop (yes, I make so many cookies that I actually have a cookie scoop... kinda like an ice cream scoop.... but for cookie dough). My scoop is about 1 inch, I believe, so you can just use like your regular spoon and make them round if you don't have a cookie dough scoop.



I put them about two inches apart, or 12 cookies on a regular sized cookie sheet.



Bake for 10-12 minutes (watch them, because sometimes it takes less and sometimes more depending on the oven) in a 375 degree oven.

I have doubled, and even tripled, this recipe and it comes out the same. (: When I make just one recipe, it makes aprox. 34 cookies, or around there. When I triple it it makes about 120 cookies. Once I did this, and I cooked them all at one time (when I make this much I usually just cook a few batches and then put the rest in the fridge for another time) I was in the kitchen for HOURS and I finally came out with about 120 cookies! lol! 

Btw, I don't recommend cooking 2 cookie sheets at a time. I put one in at a time, not both in at the same time. I don't think they would cook very evenly if you put them both in there at once.




 ... I saw that...



Here's the recipe (:

________________________________________________

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2  ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup brown sugar firmly packed
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (12oz)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine flour, salt and baking soda in bowl and set aside.  Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, softened butter and vanilla and beat until creamy.  Add eggs and beat.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).  Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake 10 minutes.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Our family makes chocolate chip cookies with my Great Grandma's recipe, but these look really good too!!!!
:-)

Camille and Abby said...

Thanks! I bet your grandmas is really good too! Are they pretty similar, or is yours totally different? Lol. I would love to try your recipe out! (:

Camille and Abby said...

Btw, this is Abby posting. Lol, I forgot it said "Camille and Abby" at the top, not "Abby" lol, sorry I'm still getting the hang of sharing a blog!

Miriam said...

it's slightly different:
she used,
1 cup Crisco
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups self rising flour
and as many chocolate chips as you want :-)
cooked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

very close, I think that the main difference is that they look different! (that could be just me though.)

Unknown said...

Except for the recipe and cooking pan that could've been me making those! We have the same mixing bowl and cookie scoop!