Sunday, December 5, 2010

Here's a Quick-Tip For Ya! (Abby)

Sorry we haven't been posting any recipes lately. There were a lot of votes for the cream puff recipe, actually one of my recipes, so that one will be up before you know it! (Well... sorta...)

Today I, sadly, don't have a recipe for you either, BUT I do have a really quick tip I find helpful. (:

You know my latest recipe, the chocolate chip cookies? Well, ya know how if your making a lot of cookies, around 100 or more, it gets kinda hard, and time consuming, to scoop each individual cookie. You are constantly taking pans out of the oven, putting them in, putting the cookies on cooling racks and scooping on more cookie dough. You are literally in the kitchen for hours, not to mention the countless times you scoop on cookies and take them off. Believe me, I've made 300 cookies all at once before (I told you I make a lot of cookies... every one is always asking me to make cookies, so I'm always making them.)

It is very time consuming and tiring to do all that. Especially if you are cooking a meal before that - you don't wanna spend another 2 hours working in the kitchen after that, do you? (Unless you are a robot, you are answering NO.)

SO... you should be happy you are reading this post right now! This doesn't work for all cookies out there, but it especially works good for chocolate chip cookies.

Start by spraying a regular sized cookie sheet with some oil or cooking spray. Next take the dough (if you are doubling it, take half of the dough, tripling it take a third of the dough, and so on and so forth) and start spreading the dough out.

This is where it gets a little tricky and you really have to work with it. You could even pop the dough in the microwave for just a few seconds, 10 at the very most, to warm it up a bit more. This makes it easier to spread. I like to use rubber spatulas for this part.

If your doing this at the moment, then you have already experienced the dough not wanting to spread, and also you'll pick up the dough with your spatula/spoon, and you'll really only have a big dollop of dough in the middle of your pan.

I suggest spraying the spatula/spoon with some oil before starting, and also taking small parts of the dough and spreading them at a time - don't plop the whole thing down at once and try to spread it from there.

You can also do this on a round pizza pan to make a cookie cake, then decorate it with some icing and there you have it - a really cute, really good, really fast cake! Perfect for those who don't exactly desire cake. We usually do this for one of us kids birthdays, because we're all in August, except for one in July. My birthday comes last, and we're all usually sick of so much birthday cake that we just make a cookie cake instead.

Ok, so you've put all the dough on the pan, cooked it on 375 for about 20 minutes (make sure to keep a close eye on it though!), now what?

Easy-peasy. Let it cool down a bit before doing this. Just take a knife (be careful not to scratch your pan!) and cut the cookie in to smaller bars.

A few days ago I was cooking cookies for about 50-60 people, and all I did was double the recipe and spread (with my moms help... I couldn't for the life of my spread it out. I think I started it out wrong. LOL) out the dough on to two cookie sheets, and cooked them separately. After that I just cut them in to bars, and voila! You've got really good cookies, that didn't take any time at all, and hardly any time in the kitchen! Love it.




 Hope you enjoyed and found this helpful. Remember, you can always send us an e-mail of yours if you made them! *wink* Have a great week and God bless!

howdoweboilwater.email@gmail.com

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Mmmmmmmmmm they look so good!!!
:-)